Have an engaging and enjoyable experience exploring the learning resources in this section. Here you will find educational materials, lesson plans and activities for teachers, students of all ages, parents and families.
- Homecoming Lesson plan* (courtesy of Albright-Knox Art Gallery)
- Family Lesson plan*
- Public Art plan*
- PBS Lesson plan - Romare Bearden : Piecing Together a Viewpoint. An interdisciplinary, multi-session lesson plan for grades 6-12. Teachers may use this plan as a model or as inspiration to structure their own classroom activities.
Gallery of Art.
The Art of Romare Bearden:
A Resource for Teachers - Learn about Romare Bearden's art and life in depth. Useful for students and teachers, these National Gallery of Art (NGA) materials are based on their recent retrospective exhibition, "The Art of Romare Bearden." See also the NGA Teacher Packet that accompanied the exhibition for further study and background for classroom activities. To view the teacher packet please click HERE.
- Education World - Collage-making Lesson Plan. Students in grades 3-12 learn to create collages in the style of renowned African-American artist Romare Bearden.
- Dublin Arts Council - Art Connections: The Art of Romare Bearden.* This teacher resource guide provides information and cross-curricular, multidisciplinary activities for the study of Romare Bearden.
- Romare Bearden: Let's Walk The Block. An exploration of Bearden’s famous collage The Block, in the collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, including a guided tour, music by the Branford Marsalis Quartet and activities designed for teachers, students and parents.
- Lesson Plan for Romare Bearden. Designed for students in grades 3-8, these materials from Art Aware include a plan for a collage-making workshop.
A special request to researchers, scholars and students: The Romare Bearden Foundation is always interested in new scholarship on the life and art of Romare Bearden. If you are working on special research in this area please let us know... e-mail HERE!